Thursday, March 25, 2010

Let me share a little TMI

TMI = Too Much Information. This phrase applies to this blog post.

My entire family got the stomach crud this weekend. On the news this morning, they called it "gastroenteritis." In my house, we called it "dying." Four to five days of fluids spewing from every direction deserves to be called something a little more dramatic than gastroenteritis.

After several hours of throwing up, little Abby was about worn out. I followed her for the hundredth time into the bathroom after watching her turn pale, gag, and make a run for the toilet. When I walked in, she was standing over the toilet heaving. She wiped her mouth on her arm (ewwww), then turned to look at me.

"Mom, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but..... well, I barfed out my butt."

Dying may not even be a dramatic enough description.

No comments: